We have a need for a commercially focused Finance Director who can add value to the bottom line by pro-actively taking the lead in managing all financial issues across the business.
We are recruiting for a fast moving, privately owned product company who distribute a large range of Electrical components including Switchgear, Control gear, Surge Protection and Enclosures to the UK Electrical wholesale and catalogue markets. With double digit top line growth and investment in a new ERP system, this head of finance role is being expanded to incorporate Supply Chain Management and Commercial contract management.
The principle function for the role is to provide robust control of the business by:
- Being a proactive member of the executive management team, directly accountable for the overall financial performance of the business. Involved in making considered recommendations to ensure the continual improvement of the financial performance of the business
- Manage and deliver the financial reporting function, accurately, within deadlines, and in as controlled and automated a process as is achievable. Continually monitor and improve financial information and controls within the business
- Lead financial planning, forecasting and budgeting. Support the team in preparation of the 5 year strategic plan
- Guide managers within the business to ensure that correct financial procedures are adhered to and help them understand the financial and legal implications of the decisions they take.
- Manage the supply chain to provide a strategic, efficient and flexible procurement service to meet the changing demands of the business
- Take responsibility for reviewing, amending and approving all legal and commercial agreements.
- Manage, develop, train, appraise and motivate the team within the finance and Purchasing departments
- Preparation of monthly management accounts and Board financial performance commentary and present results at Board meeting
- Identify opportunities within the business to improve profits through financial analysis and effective communication with other members of the management team
- Manage the monthly forecasting Sales and Purchasing requirements to provide rolling year end profit and cash forecasts highlighting any potential issues
- Negotiate and maintain all Supplier agreements and price /payment terms with regular reviews regarding costs and delivery performance
- Review and sign-off all Customer agreements, including Rebate programs, and bid/tender responses
- Optimise inventory control/purchasing policies to ensure sales growth without over stocking
- Manage foreign currency requirements ensuring relevant forward cover as the business grows / changes
- Manage the year end statutory accounts process to ensure clean audit report
Highly competitive package including performance incentives.