Rapidly expanding Healthcare company based in North London urgently require an experienced Management accountant to work as part of a busy Finance team .
The Management Accountant will ensure that income and expenses are properly recognised and accrued and balance sheet accounts are all regularly reconciled on a timely basis. In addition to day to day accounting, there will be regular financial reports to prepare and circulate. The group expects to acquire further businesses and the Management Accountant will be involved in the integration of these.
Reporting to and Working closely with the Finance Director
Duties will include:
- The production of management accounts (profit and loss account, balance sheet and cash flow statement) in Excel from Sage 200 accounting records and internal schedules for the management information pack. Writing high quality commentaries on management accounts highlighting key variances, trends and concerns.
- Maintaining and using financial schedules to ensure revenue and expenses are properly and accurately reflected in the management accounts.
- Reconciling certain general ledger accounts and taking responsibilities for the general ledger accounts.
- Producing a financial pack for the auditors every year end. Liaising extensively with the auditors to answer their detailed queries. Checking that the draft statutory accounts reflect the general ledgers. After the year end, adjusting the management accounts to reflect the agreed posted adjustments.
- Raising and booking appropriate accounting entries to the general ledgers. Adopting a proactive approach to ensure the group meets all current accounting standards.
- Liaising with other members of the finance team to resolve issues and ensure the management accounts reflect the underlying business.
- Producing high quality and relevant financial reports and circulating on a timely basis.
- Assisting the Financial Controller and Finance Director with the integration of new businesses. Working on ad hoc reports for banks and investors.
- A limited amount of internal audit testing for ISO compliance work.
- Stepping in to assist colleagues where appropriate and necessary
Qualifications, Skills and Experience
- Good "hands on " accounting / Bookkeeping skills preferably gained within the profession .
- Good knowledge and understanding of payroll, sales and purchase ledger functions
- Knowledge of SAGE Line 200 /SageX3 ERP software
- Previous corporate finance experience to assist the Finance Director
- Very good Excel and Word skills
- Ability to communicate effectively at all levels
- Qualified ACCA/ACA/CIMA or part qualified
- Over 2 years' work experience from a multi-site organisation desirable
- Able to multi task and meet deadlines
- Strong work ethic, reliable and with a proactive mind-set
- Care sector /hotels /recruitment industry experience is desirable but not necessary