Due to growth in the business, my client is looking for an experienced Financial Manager to join their team based just outside Cambridge. The chance to work for an inspiring CFO who will coach and develop your commercial finance skills as well as being a fundamental part of the finance team.
Finance is an extremely streamlined function and they are looking to expand and bring in a Finance Manager into a newly created position within their team.
- Encourage and drive quality and continuous improvement
- Develop and maintain relationships with colleagues and external partners
- Monitor and report on cashflow
- support in fundraising activities as the company embarks on it next fundraising phase
- Ensure month end tasks are completed satisfactorily and Balance Sheet schedules are prepared
- To prepare the monthly management accounts, including departmental reports
- To develop insights to support informed decision-making by colleagues and senior management
- Complete statutory and financial reporting to external authorities
- Ensure monthly and quarterly statutory returns such as PAYE and VAT are made and paid timorously
- Ensure operational compliance with the company's regulatory responsibilities
- Assist in the year end preparation of Statutory Accounts and Audit
- Oversee the preparation and approval of all financial reporting materials and metrics
- Manage the annual budgeting process
- Qualified accountant (ACCA, CIMA, CA, ACA)
- Ability to prioritise responsibilities and tasks, and coach others to do similar
- Excellent thoroughness and attention to detail
- Strong communication skills, able to partner with colleagues of all levels, senior management and external partners
- A "team player", consistently modelling positive, collaborative behaviours
- Organisation skills
- Strong It skills (finical reporting packages as well as Excel)
- Ability to delegate tasks, allocate work and supervise others
On offer is a competitive salary and benefits package, career development opportunities and the chance to work for a growing, biotech business.