Commercial Finance Manager
Successful manufacturer seek a Commercial Finance Manager to support the MD in driving business performance.
Your new company
Successful, specialist manufacturing business based in North-West Leicestershire are seeking a commercially-focused finance professional to support the MD in driving business performance.
This specialist multi-faceted business have enjoyed a period of sustained growth and in order to support and identify further expansion plans, they are looking to appoint someone to work closely with the senior management board in developing strategic plans.
Your new role
This varied and commercially-focused opportunity will play a key role in supporting continued growth and responsibilities and duties will include, but not limited to;
- Writing monthly commentary to the financial reports
- Enhance reporting to include divisionalisation into reporting streams
- Partnering Directors to manage their business areas producing analysis to measure, control and influence through incisive analysis and persuasion
- Oversee Annual Operating Budget and Forecast setting process
- Assist with development of longer term Business and Strategic Plan
- Assist Managing Director with other areas such as vehicle fleet / properties
- Partnering Sales Bid Engineers in discussions with customers commercial and buying teams
- Review, comment on and assist in negotiations on commercial Terms and Conditions accompanying sales bid engineers at customer meetings and interfacing with our customers teams
- Adopting a risk-based approach, risk identification, pricing and risk mitigation
- Partnering Project Managers on commercial delivery and maximising of the financial performance on the project
- Assisting Project managers on commercial matters such as early warning notices, extensions of time, compensation events and partnering them in their discussions with customers own commercial teams
- Project financial performance; costs at complete updates and margin reviews; profit take assumptions and earned value analysis
- Develop costing system; pricing and margin analysis
- Adoption of zero based budgeting process across overhead base; drive through a cost control culture as we expand
What you'll need to succeed
You will be a confident, engaging individual able to develop and maintain relationships across all levels within the business from operations to board-level. You will be able to demonstrate a desire for improving business performance and strategic planning. You will ideally have had experience of working within a manufacturing/engineering environment and be qualified, although candidates who are qualified by experience and can demonstrate the above attributes will also be considered.
What you'll get in return
The successful applicant will have an excellent opportunity to work closely on driving the business forward, bringing the numbers to life and help secure the ongoing success of the organisation.
An attractive salary, bonus, benefits and flexible working on on offer for the successful candidate.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.