Associate Director - Tax
• Key market facing role within the tax practice.
• Leading on indirect tax business development activities in the Thames Valley to develop relationships and deliver profitable revenue growth.
• Managing the practice in the Thames Valley to ensure the team meet or exceed key firm KPI's.
• Working with the wider indirect tax team to deliver high quality and commercially appropriate indirect tax advice and a distinctive client experience to new and existing clients.
• Effective delegation to and mentoring of junior staff to enhance their professional and technical skills.
• Integrating across the wider firm and building an internal network of colleagues from all service lines
• Representing the firm at firm sponsored and external events.
• Working with colleagues in other service lines to generate new opportunities and deliver seamless client service.Education, experience and qualifications:Person Specificationo Enthusiastic, personable, commercially mindedo Good broad technical knowledge and proven business development skillso Excellent verbal and written communication skillso Self-startero you'll possess working knowledge of UK corporate tax legislationo you'll have reviewed work and supervised staff in a tax environment ( minimum requirement)Passionate about supporting, advising and helping businesses achieve their potential, you'll be someone who wants to make a difference and shape your career and a Vibrant Economy. You'll have strong technical skills and experience of providing clients with quality services. You should be commercially focused with the ability to deliver innovative solutions. You should be focused on self-development as well as having the desire to coach, mentor and develop your colleagues. You must also share our CLEARR values - Collaboration, Leadership, Excellence, Agility, Respect and Responsibility. We're looking for people who have a strong connection with and share our core beliefs:
• Profit with a purpose that leads to a sustainable business
• We create sustainable value for our clients
• We are better together
• Our CLEARR values underpin all we do
• We never compromise on qualityGrant Thornton is one of the world's leading independent assurance, tax and advisory firms. We are driven by independent thinkers that provide high quality business and financial advice to a wide range of clients in countries all over the world.We are committed to creating an inclusive working environment where people can flourish, where differences are understood and respected, and everyone is valued.We recognise it's important for us to understand how we can support you in your role, including exploring any reasonable and flexible working adjustments. This flexibility will enable you to bring your full self to work and be at your best.We have taken steps to create an agile working culture where our people are empowered to work where they want, when they want and how they want to deliver the best service for their clients. If you'd like to find out more about our agile or flexible working practices please speak to your recruiter.At Grant Thornton we pride ourselves on the professional standards we expect of our people. We begin setting these standards with our recruitment process where we include rigorous background checks on the people who accept a job offer from us. If we make you an offer you will be contacted directly to give your authorisation for these. Your start date will be dependent on the successful completion of these checks. If you have questions about this process please contact your recruiter.