The main purpose of this role will be to provide senior-level financial, operational and commercial support to the senior leaders. You will play a crucial role in the finance department by managing day to day activities and providing technically sound financial and management information that will inform operational decisions.
Our client is a Manufacturing and Engineering company based in Chichester.
- Manage the month-end process for Sales, Purchase and Nominal Ledgers
- Responsible for the company payroll, ensuring this is processed accurately and to the required deadlines and subsequently complete the reporting and administration cycle
- Manage accounts team with Credit Control and Purchase Ledger clerk functions (5 staff)
- Ensure all relevant taxes are correctly calculated, accounted for and paid over to the relevant authorities (e.g. VAT, Duty, PAYE, NIC, Class 1A, Corporation Tax)
- Reconcile inter-company accounts
- Ensure all journal entries are prepared correctly and posted (i.e. Payroll, Depreciation, Accruals, Prepayments)
- Review P&L and Balance sheet to ensure accuracy of submitted figures
- Prepare and submit quarterly VAT Returns
- Prepare complete P&L forecasts for full year, as well as periodic updates throughout the year
- manage company bank accounts and report cash flows
- manage financial accounting, monitoring and reporting systems
- developing external relationships with appropriate contacts, e.g. external accountant, solicitors, bankers and statutory organisations such as the Inland Revenue
- producing accurate financial reports to specific deadlines and ad hoc projects
- keeping abreast of changes in financial regulations and legislation.
You'll need to show evidence of the following:
- prior experience in a similar level position
- commercial and business awareness
- excellent communication and presentation skills
- an analytical approach to work
- high numeracy and sound technical skills
- problem-solving skills and initiative
- strong attention to detail and an investigative nature
- good time management skills and the ability to prioritise
- leadership skills and experience and the ability to work as part of a team and to build strong working relationships
- the capacity to make quick but rational decisions
- the potential to lead and motivate others
- strong systems experiences to include advanced Excel (Sage payroll / Sage 50 / Pegasus Opera).
Degree in accounting, business, economics, finance, or a related field or qualified by experience with several years of experience in a finance role;
understanding of data privacy standards;
solid communication skills, both written and verbal;
deep understanding of business principles and practices;
superior attention to detail; organisational skills; planning skills; research skills; analytical skills; critical thinking skills; problem-solving skills; computer skills; multi-tasking abilities; integrity, honesty
A competitive salary is on offer for the right candidate.