Senior Accountant / Manufacturing Accountant, permanent job in Bishop Auckland
Your new company
A global manufacturing company has a needed for an experienced Manufacturing Accountant to join them at their West Auckland site.
Your new role
The Senior Accountant is an A to Z accountant responsible for applying generally accepted accounting principles and procedures to analyse financial information, prepare accurate and timely financial reports and statements and ensure appropriate control procedures, in accordance with corporate guidelines. The Senior Accountant will also assist the Plant Manager (dotted line) with management information in accordance with EMEA/corporate standards.
Responsibilities to include:
- Record, compile and analyse financial information to prepare accurate and complete financial statements including monthly, quarterly and annual reporting (balance sheet, profit and loss, cash flow and other statements)
- Ensure compliance with relevant laws and regulations and integrity of financial data in accordance with company policies and general accepted principles (fiscal, UK GAAP & US GAAP)
- Make certain all financial reporting requirements and deadlines are met
- Prepare management and financial reports
- Ensure accurate and timely monthly, quarterly and year end close processes
- Ensure compliance with internal control standards by regular reviews of current practice against company policies and general accepted principles
- Perform reconciliations and resolve accounting discrepancies/irregularities
- Continuous management and support of budget and forecast activities, including variance reports
- Monitor and support taxation requirements
- Prepare for financial audit and coordinate the audit process
- Oversee accurate and appropriate recording and analysis of revenues and expenses
- Evaluate and advise on business operations including revenue and expenditure trends, financial commitments and future revenues
- Provide finance support on specific development projects as required by the Group financial function in order to meet the changing demands placed upon Finance Group
- Closely liaise with the business as well as the regional and corporate finance function
What you'll need to succeed
- A professional accountancy qualification (CIMA, ACCA, and ACA) as well as 5 to 10 years' experience in accounting and financial reporting; experience in an international and/or manufacturing environment is an asset
- In-depth understanding of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP) and practices and financial reporting
- Knowledge of applicable laws, codes and regulations
- Experience with general ledger functions and the month-end, quarterly and year-end close process within strict dead-lines
- Hands-on experience with ERP packages; knowledge of Exact is an advantage
- Advanced MS Excel skills
What you'll get in return
A permanent contract with an attractive salary and benefits package is offered.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.