Quality & Risk Manager - Regulatory Body
Safeguard the integrity of the organisations regulatory regime by providing increased assurance to the stakeholders.
- Our client is the organisation responsible for regulating the private security industry
- They are an independent body reporting to the Home Secretary and their remit covers the whole of the United Kingdom.
- They have two main duties. One is the compulsory licensing of individuals undertaking designated activities within the private security industry; the other is to manage the voluntary Approved Contractor Scheme, which measures private security suppliers against independently assessed criteria.
- Their work is wide ranging from counter terrorism training for security staff, to conducting routine checks at festivals to identify unlicensed security staff.
- Develop and manage strategic relationships with other regulators to identify good practice and to recommend changes to ways of working.
- To create and to own the quality management system taking account of the Regulators' Code, national and international standards and objectives.
- Risk assess and assure the quality of third part schemes.
- Contribute to the design and development of quality assurance processes.
- Manage contractors performing quality assurance services.
- Work with partners to standardise and improve the quality processes governing the delivery of licence-linked qualifications and assessments.
- Establish intelligence-led operations to combat training malpractice.
- Provide leadership across teams to focus the organisations effort in identifying and investigating training malpractice and/or non-conformance.
- Link with awarding organisations to provide support for major investigations.
- Attend external meetings and conduct presentations to promote the organisations objectives.
- Experience of risk assessment
- Experience of organisation assessment against defined criteria
- Able to produce concise, clear technical reports and policy papers
- Able to deliver training or presentations on technical subjects
- Experience of working with regulatory authorities
- Experience of quality management and process improvement in a qualifications or business standards environment
- Experience of regulation or working within regulated frameworks
- In possession of a full driving licence.
- Practical experience of working in or with the private security industry
- Experience of formal or informal consultation processes
- Experience of line management and management of people remotely
- Educated to degree level or equivalent
- Holder of Assessor and Verifier qualifications
- Experience of external quality assurance of qualifications
- Experience of audit for ISO or other quality standards
- Experience of managing teams for the purpose of quality monitoring of qualifications
Our client is offering the chance to develop your career in a supportive environment working for an organisation committed to learning and development at the same time as contributing to public safety.
They are big enough that you will have the opportunity to develop your career but of a size where you will have a direct impact on them meeting their objectives