Interim Commercial Finance Manager
A senior Finance role and playing an active part as part of our client's senior management team, this position will be varied but with a strong commercial focus, partnering with various stakeholders to ensure strong financial performance, governance and oversight of all commercial activity
Our client are an established company and brand within the utilities sector
Key responsibilities will include:
- Playing a key role in partnership with Directors, ensuring strong financial performance, governance and oversight of all commercial activities
- Management of 1 direct report, overseeing revenue, wholesale cost review and customer segmentation and margin reporting
- Preparation of reporting to Group, boards, audit committees and other ad hoc reporting, highlighting & explaining the business performance and key drivers
- Preparation, monitoring and reporting of key performance indicators, departmental overhead reports, review of overhead variances and work with the business to drive improvements.
- Leading the budget and quarterly forecasting process, covering full P&L, Balance Sheet and Cashflow with focus on the margin assumptions and departmental overheads.
- Supporting the business in cost management, overhead reviews, and general purchase to pay process improvement initiatives to help improvement understanding of cost accruals and future anticipated costs
- Supporting business analysis and prepare payback calculations and review commercial tenders.
- Effectively managing, lead and motivating with credibility, energy, enthusiasm and decisiveness
- Coaching, challenging and advising the wider business and finance teams to improve business performance and financial governance
The successful candidate will:
- Be a qualified accountant (ACA, ACCA, CIMA or equivalent)
- Demonstrate a strong commercial Finance skillset, with a track record of finance business parterning-type remits
- Possess a highly analytical skillset and a background in financial analysis
- Have prior experience working as part of a cross functional leadership team
- Have previous experience in a senior level Finance role within a fast paced medium-large team environment
- Be an effective communicator and influencer with exceptional interpersonal skills
- Ideally have prior experience in the utilities sector with some understanding of retail utility markets
- Have strong MS Excel skills, with some financial modelling experience
- Be available to start ASAP and with a maximum of one month's notice
Our client are offering the opportunity to join their established organisation in this senior level Finance role, with a prompt start date offered for the successful candidate. There is a strong possibility of a conversion to a permanent role so candidates who are interested in the idea of a temporary to permanent scenario will certainly be considered.