Assistant Management Accountant
The successful Assistant Management Accountant will ensure smooth operations of the accounting function, providing accounting support for the business and performing any necessary statutory duties as required by including liaison with Inland Revenue, company Auditors etc.
Our Building and Construction client based in Basingstoke provides specialist teams and technology solutions to help plan, manage and improve our clients' workplaces. This provides their clients with access to solutions not readily available in their own organisations.
Assistant Management Accountant Key Responsibilities;
- Adhere to strict deadlines for submission of trading figures for contracts
- Ownership of contracts and supporting key stakeholder of contracts with relevant financial information
- Forecasting and Budget control for contracts
- Provide accurate information on a timely basis
- Processing purchase invoices through Oracle
- Understand cost plus accounting
- Reconciliation of costs invoiced
- Ensure strong accounting controls are in operation at all times
- Provide reporting information to specific contract as required
- Debtors Control on specific overdue accounts support
- Administration of the VCR Control sheets and accounting control sheets on a monthly basis
- High level of integrity and resilience
- Ability to set objectives, take personal responsibility and work towards objectives with limited supervision and direction
Assistant Management Accountant Key Skills and Qualifications;
- Degree level or Association of Accounting Technicians or equivalent
- Part-Qualified (CIMA/ACCA)
- An excellent understanding of Excel is desirable, together with accounting computer packages knowledge
- A team player who is adaptable to working on their own imitative
- Knowledge of local tax and statutory reporting requirements would be desirable
This job for our Building and Construction client based in Basingstoke offers a highly competitive salary and one of the best benefits packages in this area as well as perks & offers unique to the industry.