Management Accountant job description
A Management Accountant - to prepare, develop and analyse financial information to allow the senior Management and Board of Directors to make well-informed decisions to ensure future stability, profitability and growth.
To establish and maintain financial policies and management information systems, it is an integral function to inform management colleagues on all aspects of company finance. The role combines accounting skills with effective management and concise communication to both financial and non-financial management.
The role will also incorporate financial forecasting which need to be both accurate and timely, analysing business performance and advising on how to pre-empt problems and adapt to changing circumstances and developments.
The overall aim of the role is to improve value in all areas of the business by managing and reducing operational and production costs and implementing the most effective strategies.
Management Accountant role, duties and responsibilities
- Will be a key member of the management team, will have the opportunity for growth within the business structure.
- Produce financial statements including profit and loss accounts, budgets, cash flows, monthly management accounts, variance analysis, commentaries and ensure all balance sheet accounts are reconciled.
- Responsibility for overall daily cash management, and reconciliation to all bank accounts.
- WIP reporting is business critical information that needs to be both accurate and timely and prepared with an understanding of the dynamics of each contract and Customer.
- Ongoing WIP reconciliation and valuation including recovery of overheads whilst understanding the effects of volume changes and need for stability.
- Assist in the production of the annual budget and monthly forecasting
- Provide management reporting for decision-making, including project appraisal, evaluation and post-implementation analysis.
- Ongoing review of cash flow and production of forecasts
- Preparation of annual statutory accounts, preparation of audit packs and liaise with the Company Auditors.
- Calculation, presentation and payment of VAT, PAYE and tax duties, including corporation tax. Ensuring compliance with all HMRC requirements.
- Ensure compliance with all financial regulations
- Assist with negotiations on projects, loans and grants
- Monitor capital expenditure and return on investment decisions.
- Report on company assets and liabilities including balance sheet account reconciliations and review of intangible assets
- Managing transactional team and overseeing/reviewing sales ledger, purchase ledger, payroll, cash posting and all general ledger entries.
- Preparation of the monthly Management account pack within tight deadlines and to include full reconciliation of all Balance Sheet Accounts and full overhead analysis.
- Carry out continuous reviews of working accounting practices and processes to ensure efficient and cost-effective operations.
- Ensuring all external body information is produced in a timely and accurate manner.
- Liaising with and reporting to the Finance Director