This is a role that involves working closely as a business partner with the Operations and Sales Teams and to cover the Financial Controller when they are not available.
A Dynamic, ever changing leading logistics business who are currently dominating in the market.
- Ensure the Weekly P&L and supporting files are maintained and that the weekly timetable is achieved
- Actively participate in the preparation of the National and Depot's budgets to ensure consistency and accuracy in their completion
- Focus on continual improvement of the financial processes and systems with specific focus on the accuracy of the Weekly P&L's
- Analysing and understanding variance to budget and prior periods; highlighting any potential areas of concerns to the appropriate people
- Must be willing and able to visit the depots around the country and assist in training non-financial staff to better use and complete the existing reports
- Preparation of monthly accruals and prepayment schedules
- Ensure the monthly balance sheet reconciliations are completed to time and appropriately reviewed
- Actively participate in various ad-hoc projects
- Advanced Excel
Experience of preparation of management accounts and involvement in operating profit
Strong communication skills
Have strong analytical and organisational skills and a questioning approach
The candidate would ideally have experience of supporting a multi-site regional P&L structure