Project Accountant - Progressive role - Global business
My client is a global US owned manufacturing business based in Gloucester, progressive company who are going through a continued period of growth.
Reporting to the Senior Manager - Finance Operations and Strategic Initiatives, responsible for delivering Projects including, but not limited to, Growth and Operational excellence.
SPECIFIC OPERATIONAL RESPONSIBILITIES
- Coordinating project schedules, resources, equipment and information
- Identify possible systems and business process improvements
- Create and maintain process maps where required
- Liaising with clients to identify and define project requirements, scope and objectives
- Ensuring that clients' needs are met as project evolves
- Measuring the benefits delivered from projects ensuring ROI completed
- Manage the project activities on a day-to-day basis on behalf of the sponsor using the Change
- Management Methodology, including defining the approach and milestone dates where appropriate
- Provide visibility of project progress against budget and schedule, in a format suitable for sponsor and steering group audiences, enabling informed decisions
- Complete GAP Analysis on work being transitioned and compile realistic timelines when considering the Go-Live date
- Ensure all parties impacted by the Transition are fully involved and kept up to date with progress (again using CMM)
- Measure areas being transitioned prior to and following the transition to ensure no loss of service to our Customers
- Drive Standardisation and Continuous Improvement
CORE COMPETENCIES AND SKILLS
In addition to competencies of : Build Trust, Drive Continuous Improvement, Focus on the End Customer, and Set High Standards of Performance, this person must also show competency in:
- Ability to work on own initiative
- Ability to Interrogate systems
- Display a high level of professionalism and motivational skills
- Proactive approach to resolving issues/query resolution
- Planning and Organizing
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Accounting knowledge
- Resilient and Flexible in a Changing Environment
- Team Working
- Delivering results
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
Strong SAP experience is essential. Language skills desirable but not mandatory. Advanced Excel skills and good working knowledge of Microsoft Project and Visio. Experience of working in a shared service environment is also desirable.
Role would suit a qualified accountant or 6 Sigma Black Belt, of graduate calibre.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.