A rare opportunity to a join a division of an Insurance group as a Management Accountant in a progressive environment. A global brand offering wonderful benefits alongside the salary as well as a focus on nurturing talent.
A global brand that is a leading independent group and a sector leader within their own industry. This division of the Insurance group is dynamic, fast paced and focused on nurturing talent to develop alongside the growth of the company. Located around the Bedford area, they are an easy commute to anyone located in Bedford, Milton Keynes or Luton.
The Key responsibilities for the role of Management Accountant are:
- Support the Finance Manager in preparation of site and consolidated region-level monthly management accounts.
- Working as part of a reporting team to deliver on-time, accurate and understood monthly management accounts for the business.
- Financial Forecasting and Strategic Planning - continuous drive to improve processes
- Analysis of monthly financial data, identifying trends and anomalies to increase the accuracy of reporting.
- Monthly reconciliations including posting and analysis
- Processing of the payroll journal and production of detailed analysis
- Production of In-house reports, Corporate Tax, VAT and returns
- Provision of accurate reporting packages for management - including KPIs (both financial and non-financial), key deliverable and various financial reviews.
- Analysis of VAT returns
- Annual external audit
- Ad-Hoc Responsibilities
The Successful candidate for the role of Management Accountant will be:
- Part Qualified (CIMA, ACCA, ACA) ideally a finalist or QBE
- Proficiency in Excel is required - Pivot Tables, Nested VLOOKUPS, Financial Modelling
- Extensive knowledge of management accounts, ideally in a commercial environment
- Management/supervisory experience of junior finance staff
- Proven track record of business partnering internally and externally
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to work under pressure
- Able to multi-task
- Team Player
A wonderful benefits package including a bonus alongside the opportunity to join a global Insurance brand that offers great internal opportunities for growth. Easily commutable location for anyone based in Bedford, Milton Keynes or Luton.