Ambitious Part qualified / Qualified Accountant to work for market leading distribution group based in North London .
Responsible for the day to day operations efforts and results of a small finance department. Reporting to the Finance Director on all financial and accounting activities. Working with the other directors and senior management team to assist in the day-to-day running of the company, especially on IT related matters in co-ordination with the head of IT. Financial Controller
- Oversee all company Financial and Management accounts
- Create monthly and annual reports to identify KPI's, results, trends, and financial forecasts
- Coordinate and direct the preparation of the budget and financial forecasts and report variances
- In charge of month end and year end close processes
- Manage cash flow by tracking transactions and regularly reviewing internal reports
- Supervise and manage finance department staff and performance
- Motivate and lead finance team members by clarifying roles and providing feedback
- Suggest updates and improvements for accounting systems and procedures
- Ensure that all financial transactions are properly recorded, filed, and reported
- Establish and implement financial reporting systems to comply with government regulations and legislation
- Collaborate with external auditors to support the year-end audit in planning through to completion
- Review all financial plans and budgets regularly to look for cost reduction opportunities
- Examine all financial reports and data closely to check for discrepancies
- Report to the FD with timely and accurate financial information
- Monitor actual sales to forecast on a daily basis and liaise with Warehouse Manager to ensure monthly Sales Targets are met
- Prepare and post Monthly Journals
- Ensure Correct Publisher charges are applied on a monthly/quarterly basis
- Review Bank Reconciliations on a monthly basis
- Review Debtors and Creditors on a monthly basis
- Agree GL Control Accounts on a Monthly Basis
- Prepare and file Quarterly Vat Returns
- Run and file online monthly Intrastat reports
- Prepare Agents Quarterly Commission Reports
- Complete and file P11ds
- Ensure the correct insurance cover is in place for the business
- Maintain Fixed Asset Register
- Additional controller duties as required
Skills and Qualifications:
- Excellent written and verbal Communication skills
- Ability to work effectively in a fast moving HI Tech/ IT dominated environment
- Holding a good degree from a UK University
- Studying towards an accredited accountancy qualification such as ACCA.
- With 1-2 years' experience at least at financial accountant level. Ideally with financial controller experience or showing clear evidence of the ability /capacity to take on an FD role within 12 -18 months
- Hands on experience with general ledger functions and month-end/year-end close processes
- Excellent IT skills and experience in using large accounting systems such as SAP or similar.
- Previous experience within import /wholesale distribution /logistics /supply chain and high volume physical stock management type industries would be an advantage.
- Ability to effectively monitor results against sales budgets in conjunction with warehouse and operations staff to ensure monthly Sales Targets are met.