Graduate Trainee Accountant
GRADUATE TRAINEE ACCOUNTANT – HEAD OFFICE, ASHTON-IN-MAKERFIELD
Are you a recent graduate with an Accounting degree? Are you looking to start your career within a diverse and well-established Company? Are you looking for an entry level position with the opportunity to progress and develop your career? We may have the role for you! An exciting opportunity has arisen for an ambitious accountant graduate to join MGF Excavation Safety Solutions at our Head Office in Ashton in Makerfield, Wigan.
Assist the work of the Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable and Management Accounts teams whilst developing knowledge and understanding of the Company’s operations.
The responsibilities of the role include:
- Dealing with invoices received from suppliers
- Cash book posting
- Bank reconciliations
- Maintenance of registers for fixed assets, leases etc.
- Other month end procedures as required to enable the timely and accurate preparation of monthly management accounts by the team
- Variance analysis of costs
- VAT returns
- Customer account monitoring and debt collection
- Reviewing and processing of employee expense claims
This is a great opportunity for a recent or entry level graduate who is looking to begin their career in accounts with the opportunity for development, progression and increasing responsibility for the right candidate. There may also be the opportunity to support the right candidate through their professional qualifications e.g. CIMA
The core skill requirements of this role are:
- Graduate or about to graduate with an Accounting degree
- Good IT Skills and the ability to use Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook
- Ability to work independently and as part of team
- Self-motivated to achieve deadlines
- Good verbal and written communication skills
Previous experience in an accounts/office environment and an interest in pursuing their professional training/development would be desirable but not essential.
Who are MGF Excavation Safety Solutions
Established for over 36 years, MGF Excavation Safety Solutions is a market leader in the design, manufacture, hire and sale of specialist excavation support systems for use in the civil engineering and building industries. We manufacture, hire and sale of excavation support systems for the civil engineering and building industries. Our business is based on providing technical solutions to meet customer needs. MGF’s approach is to provide a one-stop shop for our customers, who range from small locally based sub-contractors to major multi-national contracting organisations.
We manufacture our own equipment, operate our own transport fleet and importantly have an in-house engineering department who produce design solutions to meet customers’ requirements.
Employing over 380 staff, we operate nationally from 10 locations and have an established reputation of providing total service to our customers.
We aim to be an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all sections of society.
All applicants will be treated in the strictest of confidence.