To support the delivery of the company's financial targets through the co-ordination and distribution of accurate and timely management accounts. Managing a team of 3; Assistant Management Accountant, Assistant Accountant, Finance Assistant.
A commercially focused, global business, based in offices in the Chertsey area with free parking provided and access via public transport.
The Management Accountant role involves;
- Preparation of local monthly management accounts by business unit
- Manage the month end upload into HFM
- Control of overhead costs through close liaison with business unit managers
- Provide timely and accurate reporting and data to the Senior Leadership Team.
- Working with the Operations team to effectively manage and interrogate the P&L
- Manage the submission of GOP Reporting in line with Group guidance
- Provide support for the Events team to enable them to monitor revenue from events and profitability, including selecting appropriate tools and/or building reports.
- Perform Hyperion ("HFM") uploads for HR and Profit Protection in line with our reporting timetable.
- Support the AFC in preparing for the internal and external audits
- Weekly reconciliations of all revenue sources reported to Group
- Manage the company's VAT calculations and return, ensuring all required paperwork is logged
- Production of the weekly cash flow forecasts
- Responsible for monthly Intrastat & imports reporting to Group
- Control of all business expenses (personal expense claims and company credit card)
- Ensure the bank rec is completed weekly and reviewed with all transactions understood
- Control of accruals and prepayments to guarantee accurate costs within the accounts
- Main liaison with the central AP team, ensuring timely approval of invoices
- Oversee all invoices raised
- Responsible for all debt collection and ensuring overdue invoices are reduced to a minimum
- Liaise with Third Parties to maintain strong relationships
- Be point of contact for the central trade team and understand all changes in trade terms are fully understood
- Must be able to communicate clearly and accurate to a number of different group functions to explain payment issues and cashflow/balance sheet variances
- This role enables the job holder to use their initiative to identify issues, analyse reports and interpret findings.
Decision Making & Autonomy
- Provide management account information in a timely and accurate manner with recommendations to enable Senior Management to make decisions for both short and long term business strategy goals.
- A level of proactivity is required to identify and communicate issues on the job holders own initiative.
The ideal candidate for the Management Accountant role will be;
- Part-Qualified / Finalist accountant (CIMA / ACCA)
- Excellent Microsoft Excel analytical skills.
- Detailed understanding of HFM, Sage and a variety of other Finance and IT systems.
- Understanding of key business levers and has the ability to apply this understanding to an ever-changing business environment.
- Excellent time management skills, adaptable to differing work schedules and priorities.
- Handle and prioritise large quantities of data to turn into actions
- Management of 3 Finance team members (previous managerial experience is highly desirable)
The Management Accountant role can pay between £35-42,000 + study support, and excellent benefits!!