Trade Finance Analyst
• Processing of all life cycle events of letters of credit (import and export - issue, advise amend, acceptance, discount, payment, checking documents)
• Processing of all life cycle events of collections (import/export, clean/documentary, remit, present, acceptance, payment).
• Adhere to governing rules, UCP, URC, HOP, procedures and all relevant controls.
• Develop and improve effective working relationships with all trade stakeholders.
• To support training requirements of team members.
• Ensure processing is effected in a team spirit and avoid silo based attitudes where people should think beyond their immediate work space and consider the wider team's pressure points thereby delivering maximum efficiency.
• Retain and promote a customer first attitude.
• Ensure compliance with all Bank and Regulatory requirements in order to mitigate financial and compliance risks.
• Deliver effective solutions and make suggestions for improvements. Skills and Experience:
• Minimum 3 years' experience in similar role
• Proficient understanding of letters of credit and collections.
• Good work flow and time keeping management.
• Knowledge of compliance obligations relating to trade finance products handled by banks.
• Knowledge of UCP 600, URC 522, ISP98, URR725, ISBP 745, ICC Incoterms 2010
• Proficient in MS Word, Excel, Microsoft Outlook, SWIFT
• Strong problem solving skills
• Strong numerical skills
• The ability to manage large workloads and tight deadlines
• Excellent attention to detail Qualifications
• A level or equivalent
• CDCS is preferred
• Minimum 3 years