Finance Business Partner
My client an engineering business on the out skirts of Cheltenham, are looking to take on a Senior Finance Business Partner within a growing division of their business.
In this role, you will utilise your experience and expertise to solve problems, develop and execute objectives for self and others, and will have the ability to effect short-term and some long-term business goals.
- Working closely with Programme Directors, Programme Managers, Sales leads & other key stakeholders to understand, communicate, drive & influence results
- Presentation of clear and compelling data analysis to facilitate decision making
- This role will also be required to synthesise trends and financial information and make viable recommendations for action
- The Business Partner will provide insight to assist programme teams & make recommendations on risk mitigation / additional profit & cash generation ideas
- In depth analysis & consolidation of inputs to long term financial plans (annual "op plan" & long-term strategy submissions) for business segments
- In depth month end & quarter end analytics of current year financial performance versus plan & communication thereof
- Work across the organisation cross functionally to perform detailed review & Fassessment of bid financials as part of bid review & submission process
- Develop, manage & update of financial models to assess both profitability & cashflow implications thereof
- Annual update of long term programme models as part of annual impairment process
- Developing scenario/sensitivity analysis for the most critical variables in bid proposal
- Drive for effective and accurate deal presentation, review and approval with senior management
Degree qualified or equivalent knowledge or experience Fully qualified professional accountant (CIMA/ACCA/ACA/QBE) with post qualification experience in a large company or equivalent expertise through relevant work experience.
- Experienced in managing or influencing teams/individuals
- Self starter who can demonstrate the ability to work as part of a team and on their own initiative
- You must be able to show you can pick up new challenges and run with them with little supervision
- Positive "can-do" approach
- Flexible work style, ability to work under pressure & must be able to work on own initiative
- Ability to anticipate, identify and resolve financial issues.
- Ability to recognise the need for, and drive, process improvements and efficiencies
- Strong/Advanced Microsoft Excel skills
- Be able to show you can develop strong cross functional relationships & networks in order to complete your work
- Understanding of key Accounting standards (IFRS and US GAAP depending upon role)
- Proven record, preferably working within a manufacturing and/or engineering environment
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.