Exciting opportunity to join a business based in North Bristol within the Financial/Professional services sector. This role will support key decision making and strategy. The ideal candidate will have a background within a similar sector. Although this is not essential as full support will be provided.
Our client is a well-known business with a reputation for excellence within their respective field. They have several recognised brands within the company who have thrived over the last few years. They offer excellent training and development opportunities and support their people to reach their goals.
The management accountant will be responsible for the following tasks:
- Prepare accurate monthly management accounts for the business unit to agreed timetable including:
- posting income and cost of sales, reconciling to operational system data as required;
- calculating, reviewing and posting accruals and prepayments;
- preparing balance sheet reconciliations and investigating and resolving all reconciling items between Dimensions and the supporting information;
- daily/weekly/monthly reporting of key KPI's and financial performance including commentaries and variance analysis
- Preparing and updating key supporting documentation for items such as Financed Debtors, IFRS15 deferral and cancellation triangles.
- Facilitate the year end audit process including liaising with auditors as necessary.
- Ensure that the costs for the business units are recorded correctly during each accounting period and correctly coded to account code, cost centre and project code (including use of the FocalPoint procurement system).
- Provide support and analysis to the business unit to evaluate the financial effect of projects or initiatives, and ensure that the effect of any agreed projects or initiatives is clearly measured and included within rolling financial forecasts. Ensure that all project expenditure is correctly identified and reported against the project summary.
- Prepare, understand, challenge and agree an annual forecast (including balance sheet and cashflow) as required to be submitted to Group for consolidation.
- Attending meetings with key stakeholders to communicate financial performance or provide financial support and opinion.
- Work with the Head of Management Reporting with regards to analysis of financial performance or requests from key external stakeholders.
- Work with the Volume Finance Analysts to identify variances to plan and investigate accordingly.
- Line management responsibility for a Finance Analyst.
The successful management accountant:
- Qualified Accountant (CIMA, ACCA, ACA etc)
- Experience in a similar role
- Able to apply technical accounting logic
- Experience of Dimensions of equivalent general ledger software
- Trusted and respected with a 'can do attitude'
- Good organisational and time management skills
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- The ability to remain flexible and professional during periods of change
- Good team working skills
- Knowledge of Access Dimensions, Focalpoint and Connect IP would be beneficial
Up to £50,000 basic + additional company benefits and free on-site parking