Exciting opportunity to join a great brand in a business facing finance role. Work closely with various customers to build relationships to drive decision making.
Our client is a well-know, national brand who are recognised for being at the forefront of training and development as well as progression. As a business, they really value their people and offer a friendly working environment.
The Finance Manager's key responsibilities:
- Reporting to the Commercial Manager, this role will be responsible for the day to day running of a number of customer contracts.
- Manage all transport financial activities in relation to those contracts in a manner that adds value to the client and the business to achieve key operational and financial performance objectives.
- To ensure a strong financial control environment, with strong reporting and balance sheet controls developed and adhered to
- Ensure financial audits are conducted in line with Wincanton policy and procedure and financial regulations.
- To ensure a high quality and efficient service is provided both internally and externally to achieve area targets.
- To ensure all financial procedures are dealt with timely and efficiently in line with procedures.
- Support the generation and robust validation of continuous improvement activities, for finance processes as well as the operational environment.
- Ensures relevant financial policies are applied, financial records are accurate.
- Build a rapport, develop trust with finance and operations colleagues
- Understands and embraces the culture of the business and actively participates in developing an open / honest environment.
- Support the Cement management team, providing regular information relating to performance v target and areas for potential improvement.
- Ensures budgets and forecasts have been accurately compiled with regard to underlying operating assumptions.
The Finance Manager will:
- Possess a recognised accounting qualification ACCA/ACMA/ACA
And will have:
- Sound budgeting and ledger knowledge
- Strong numeric / literacy skills to A level or equivalent level
- Understanding the dynamics of open/closed book contracts
Basic salary up to £40,000 + additional benefits.