Senior Consultant, VAT Recovery
You'll work within a small team based in a London office to provide global VAT advisory services to clients.
The client is an award-winning global tax services firm. They have achieved international recognition and market leadership through client service excellence, workplace innovation, and employee development.
- Analyzes AP and General Ledger reports and reconciliations of the VAT General
Ledgers to the VAT returns.
- Works with internal and client Information Technology personnel to extract Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) data.
- Visits client premises (both domestic and in some cases international) to extract invoices, verify accounting treatment of transactions and present reports.
- Prepares formal correspondence to the Tax Authorities on behalf of clients.
- Drafts reports for clients on results of VAT recovery projects.
- Prepares status reports, internal updates, project trackers, and related documentation.
- Coordinates VAT recovery projects with European partners.
- Maintains involvement with compliance projects such as VAT registration and VAT return preparation.
- Maintains involvement with Accounts Payable (AP), Accounts Receivable (AR), and general business process reviews and documenting findings.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent required.
- Two to five years of experience as a VAT Accountant is ideal, or two to five years accounting experience with a focus on VAT is required
- Valid driver's license required.
- Opportunity to progress career in a supportive work environment
- Chance to work on a range of exciting projects
- Manage your own portfolio
- Competitive Salary
- Great benefits package
- Good work-life balance
If you want to hear more, please contact Bethan Dennis on 020-72692236 for a confidential discussion.