The opportunity to join the Not for Profit and Charities sector as a Finance Assistant supporting the Services Manager with critical functions in a varied role great for exposure.
An ambitious local local Not for Profit and Charities business that has a small tight knit team and is looking to expand with the addition of a Finance Assistant. Located in between the Dunstable and Luton are, they are an easy commute to anyone located either in Dunstable, Luton, Bedford, Milton Keynes or other nearby areas.
The key responsibilities of the Finance Assistant are:
- Entering and filing of Supplier invoices in a timely manner
- Maintaining Invoice Master log which details the cycle from receipt of invoice through approval process and finally to payment of invoice
- Managing the Invoice approval process internally
- Reconciling supplier statements to the accounting system
- Assisting with sending key suppliers remittances as required
- Set-up of Payroll records in accordance with HMRC filing
- Accurate inputting of data on to Payroll System
- Calcuations and recording of Payroll Details
- Generating accurate HMRC documentations including quarter and year end documentation
- Support the team in all day to day financial accounting processes
- Assisting the financial supervisor with ad-hoc tasks
The successful candidate for the role of the Finance Assistant will have:
- Part Qualified ACCA/CIMA/ACA or AAT Qualified
- Previous experience of transactional finance
- Previous Experience of Payroll would be desirable
- Good system knowledge
- Experience of producing financial reports
- Excellent numeracy and written skills
- Experience of SAGE 50 Payroll and SAGE accoutning systems would be desrable
- Good communication skills are essential
The opportunity to gain exposure in a massively varied role that will provide valuable experience to any career.