To assist the Financial Controller as part of the S&V Group Finance team to ensure the accurate processing of payments, maintenance of the company records, timely production of reports and other financial information.
Principle Accountabilities and Control Objectives
- Involvement in month-end processes to support period end reporting; as a minimum to include;
- ensuring that intercompany transactions are monitored and reconciled on a timely basis, investigating differences and resolving with the counterparty.
- completion of the monthly CSA returns and ensuring that this is submitted on time
- compilation of the month end audit file
- completion of control account postings and reconciliations as required, e.g. prepayments and accruals
- Accurate and timely preparation and posting of journals for the team, ensuring the completeness of the journal log and ensuring that copies of all journals are authorized and held on file.
- Processing of the daily upload and revenue recognition process.
- Handling, coding and general administration of invoices for processing by purchase ledger.
- Processing of daily fastracks (panel valuer invoices), recording of errors or queries on the fastrack log and responding to related queries.
- Responsible for the banking, recording, posting and reconciliation of cash payments and receipts on a daily basis.
- Responsible for preparing the panel pay run estimate and the reconciliation of this to the actual pay run prepared by the purchase ledger team.
- Assistant to S&V Debt Recovery Clerk; as a minimum include;
- Setting up of new clients and debtors on the system, ensuring the accuracy of applicable fee scales and correct treatment for VAT purposes
- Issuing of invoices and billing statements to clients,
- To reconcile accounts and assist with the resolution of queries to ensure invoices are settled in a timely manner and good client relations are maintained.
- Holiday cover/assistance where required for other functions within the S&V finance team and assist with enquiries and other ad hoc requests from the business, Head of Finance, S&V Board and/or Group Finance Team as deemed reasonable.
Skills and Attributes
- enthusiastic, reliable and keen to learn
- able to work to deadlines
- competent user of Excel
- good communication skills
- would suit somebody looking to undertake a formal apprenticeship and work towards a finance qualification (AAT, or CIMA)