A temporary Management Accountant job for a manufacturing organisation based in Worcester.
Worcester (occasional travel to other sites may be required)
Your new company
My client, a specialist manufacturing business based in Worcester, are looking for an experienced Management Accountant to join their finance team on a temporary basis to help them through a period of change.
Your new role
Reporting into the Finance Manager, you will be required to support them and the wider finance team on month end reporting.
Main duties and responsibilities:
- Production of monthly management accounts packs
- Production of sales, stock and purchasing reports for month end reporting
- Detailed understanding of standard costing in a manufacturing environment
- Reconciling key control accounts, debtors, creditors, bank accounts etc.
- Reconciliation of the finance facility
- Assistance in preparing statutory accounts
- Preparing monthly journals
- Daily and weekly invoicing and orders reports
- Analysing areas of expenditure as required
- Daily cash reporting
- Monthly VAT returns
- PAYE/CIS reconciliation and returns
- Preparing all daily sales, cash and performance reports for circulation to local and senior management
- Loading daily invoices and credit notes
- Covering activities in the transactional team
What you'll need to succeed
- Qualified or part-qualified (CIMA) candidates considered as well as QBE
- Strong accounting experience with exposure to profit and less statements and balance sheet
- Manufacturing experience with an understanding of costing
- Excellent communication skills (verbal and written)
- Good working knowledge of MS Excel spreadsheets (especially finance modelling) and MS Access databases
- Experience of working with ERP systems
- Full driving license
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.