Internal Audit Manager-Global Technology & Shipping Company
Our client is enhancing it's Internal Audit function and needs an Internal Audit Manager to assist them with the development of the team. The role will allow you to manage one individual and manage the audit portfolio.
Our client is one of the world's leading providers of professional services for engineering and technology - improving safety and increasing the performance of critical infrastructures worldwide.
They operate in over 75 countries worldwide and some of their profits are invested in a charity which supports engineering-related research, education and public engagement.
The team is made up of four intelligent indidivuals who you will be able to both learn off and enjoy spending time with. They are down to earth and fun whilst also being intellectual and ambitous.
- Assisting in the development of a risk based Annual Internal Audit Plan.
- Oversee the scheduling of audits to ensure that the annual plan is completed within the 12 month period.
- Planning and preparation for audit visits.
- Management of the audit fieldwork through analysis of processes and controls, testing of key controls and data analytics.
- Recording audit results, findings and recommendations in the audit management system.
- Management of team members' work during the planning and fieldwork.
- Working with professional advisors in their support of internal audits, where relevant.
- Drafting of reports and presentations to the Audit and Risk Committees.
- Providing support and information to the operating divisions on financial controls and risks management topics.
- Follow up on the resolution of audit recommendations.
- To assist the business streams and central functions in the development and maintenance of their risk registers, including organisation of risk workshops.
- Strategic and operational risk analysis.
- Investigations into risk incidents including fraud.
- Working Capital management.
- The role also involves around 10-12 weeks working away at other UK or overseas offices
- Qualified Accountant (ACA, ACMA, ACCA or equivalent)
- Audit/internal audit experience
- Practical knowledge of enterprise risk management frameworks in commercial organisations
- Ability to communicate effectively at different levels within organisations and to influence successfully and openly at all levels - both inside our organisation and outside in the business.
- Ability to understand and assess complex and sometimes unfamiliar situations, visualise solutions and see through to resolution.
- Enjoyment of building relationships, with the ability to pro-actively drive development of a network of key relationships internally and externally.
- Strong commercial awareness.
- Demonstrate professional people skills and promote a team working environment across the area of business.
- Demonstrate motivational skills in directing colleagues to achieve business objectives.
- Flexible approach to adjust role as the position develops.