Senior Financial Accountant
The purpose of this role is to produce and deliver all financial reporting requirements. The key purpose is to maintain, develop and implement group wide accounting policies and procedures.The role will be responsible for all statutory accounts, VAT and corporate tax and will provide guidance on technical matters to the wider accounts team and on new business projects and development.
The client are an international business who have kept their entrepreneurial feel despite their growth. They are continuously looking at ways to expand and are particularly focusing on oversees growth. In terms of culture, the business are sociable and supportive. The CEO and CFO are hands on and heavily embedded in the business and encourage communication from all levels of seniority.
Key responsibilities of the role are:
- Work with country accountants to ensure the statutory accounts in overseas subsidiaries are prepared in accordance with deadline and accounting standards.
- Prepare the group consolidated model
- Perform monthly stock procedures
- Lead the year end audit
- Implement new processes and controls
- Improve and implement checks and balances
- Provide support the the FP&A team with budgets, forecasts and management accounts
- Provide technical support to the rest of the finance team
The successful candidate will be:
- Qualified accountant
- Audit background with demonstrable background in technical accounting
- Team player with pro-active approach
- Ability to build relationship with key management throughout the group
- Technically strong with ability to work with non finance manager
£50,000 - £60,000