• Assist the MD & General Manager by undertaking strategic analysis and assisting with strategic financial planning
• Lead the annual budgeting process
• Produce monthly management accounts to specific deadlines
• Monitor the performance of cash flow against budget, including foreign exchange
• Prepare and interpret financial statements, business activity reports and forecasts
• Ensure that all legal requirements for finance are met
• Ad hoc project and process improvement initiatives
• Review Company financial reports and seek ways to reduce costs
• Coordinate month-end checks including stock control and its value
• Administer Sage accounting system - Sage 200 & WAP
• Develop and manage financial systems/models as required
• Supervision of Stock Controller
• Ensure the payroll duties and general salary administration including P11D functions effectively
• Responsible for quarterly VAT returns
• Responsible for year-end audit preparation The Successful Applicant: To be successful in this role you must;
• Hold a relevant financial qualification - CIMA/ ACA/ ACCA
• Be self-motivated and eager to progress. This role is the perfect steppingstone to an experiencing FD.
• Possess strong strategic analysis skills and a sense of commercial awareness. This role goes beyond your typical Finance Manager role so strong commercial acumen is required.
• Hold relevant Financial Management experience in a comparable organisation.
• Be strong on systems and MS Excel.