A relatively new business with ambitious growth plans, lead by a passionate industry expert!
A new and exciting business looking to grow their successful team. Lots of scope for personal and professional development, opportunity to implement and develop new processes and procedures, and really the make the role your own. As the business grows this role will also naturally develop in to a leader/supervisory role.
Based in modern offices in Chertsey with free parking provided and easy access via public transport.
The Payroll Specialist role involves;
- Oversee payroll accounting, transactions and reporting activities
- Ensure that every payroll is processed timely and accurately to strict deadlines
- Assist in payroll calculations, tax deductions
- Ensure all employee and operative payroll records are up to date and accurate
- Prepare wage summaries of earnings, taxes, deductions and benefits
- Prepare support in tax calculation
- Resolve payroll related queries and requests from both clients and operatives
- Build and foster strong relationships with clients and operatives
- Review and recommend improvements to existing payroll procedures
- Analyze problems and provide appropriate resolutions
- Calculate statutory payments such as maternity, paternity and pension contributions
- Ensure adherence to all legislation relating to all tax deductions including National minimum wage criteria
- Assist in customer services and registrations including set up of new operative records
- Assist with incoming calls and operative set up
- Assist with email queries and provide timely resolutions
The ideal candidtae for the Payroll Specialist role will:
- Have a solid background in Payroll
- ideally have run multiple weekly Payrolls
- Excellent numeracy and literacy skills
- Good timekeeping and ability to meet strict deadlines
- A keen eye for detail and problem-solving skills
- Strong communication skills
- Discretion - handling sensitive information
Desirable skills & experience;
- GCSE Math grade B or above
- A-level Maths
- AAT NVQ Levels 2 and 3 in Payroll administration
- IPP Foundation in Payroll administration
- IR35 working Knowledge
- Understanding of umbrella payments and industry
The Payroll Specialist role can pay between £25-30,000 (depending on experience and level of qualification).
Working hours: 9am-5pm, Mon-Fri
Free on site parking.