Specialist - Manage Indirect Tax - Spanish Speaker
The successful candidate will act as a Tax Specialist for all tax related activities within assigned countries including the following:
- Complete all indirect tax related accounting activities upon which indirect tax returns depends, including control checks of transactional data to identify any errors or anomalies
- Ensure all indirect tax related corrections and adjustments are entered correctly in the ERP system
- Reconcile VAT, excise duty, and other indirect taxes
- Prepare and deliver timely and accurately indirect tax returns to the Indirect Tax Authorities
- Prepare intrastat reporting
- Work with Financial Transaction teams to ensure that errors are properly corrected, and that remedial action has been taken to minimize the likelihood of similar errors in future
- Support indirect tax reviews and statutory audits
- Initiate ideas to improve the process – quick wins, lead CI projects
- Provide MIT process advise in case of changes in system set up, close cooperation with Superusers in case of system issues
- Ownership for all compliance aspects within assigned scope
- Build and maintain close cooperation with local indirect tax advisor
- University degree
- Min. 3 years experience in accounting/ finance
- General knowledge about VAT, excise duty and other taxes
- Very good Spanish is a must
- English very good
- Experience of using a major ERP system such as SAP, SUN, JDE, Oracle, PeopleSoft will be plus
- Good working knowledge of Word and MS Outlook
- Very Good knowledge of Excel
- Customer focus with Good stakeholder management skills
- Attention to details. Incorrect returns may lead to significant financial penalties for Shell
- Ability to work under time/quality pressure
- Analytical skills
- Pro-active and can do attitude
- Experience in managing change in improving the process
- Good communication &influencing skills
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Team player.
Shell in Krakow sits at the centre of Shell’s global businesses, providing an operational backbone to our essential business functions. Working in a vibrant community with strong values and a supportive culture, a job at Shell will offer the chance to build a lasting and meaningful career. As one of 5 Business Operations centres located worldwide, we will give you the chance to interact and work with people across the world, helping to deliver excellent support to business clients and stakeholders.
Shell is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer of Minorities, Females, LGBT, and Individuals with Disabilities.
Thanks to cooperation with Shell you gain:
Comfortable working environment: Newly-built modern office with its own canteen, relax rooms, bike & car parking space Yearly bonuses and lots of non-monetary benefits (e.g. MultiSport Card, vouchers for cultural and free time activities, 12 sport sections, and many more) Complex medical care and individual life insurance Additional funds for trainings and certifications EuroShell Card Bonus for referring your friend to work.
People with disabilities are welcome to apply as we provide reasonable accommodations and assistive technologies for people with diverse disabilities.
We occasionally amend or withdraw Shell jobs and reserve the right to do so at any time, including prior to the advertised closing date.
Before applying, you are advised to read our data protection policy. This policy describes the processing that may be associated with your personal data and informs you that your personal data may be transferred to Royal Dutch/Shell Group companies around the world.
The Shell Group and its approved recruitment consultants will never ask you for a fee to process or consider your application for a career with Shell. Anyone who demands such a fee is not an authorised Shell representative and you are strongly advised to refuse any such demand.