Loch Lomond Golf Club - Financial Controller
This role will be key to shaping the strategic focus of the circa £10 million turnover business, working closely with the board and key functions such as the GM, HR, Operations and Membership, & continuing to drive improvements & modernise processes within the business.
Loch Lomond Golf Club sits on the "bonnie banks" of Loch Lomond, amid the breath-taking scenery surrounding Luss in the West of Scotland. The 7,095 yard parkland course is criss-crossed by streams, awash with marshes and cloaked in trees. First opened in 1994, it was designed by Tom Weiskopf and Jay Morris and is ranked among the finest in the world for championship golf.
The Members purchased Loch Lomond Golf Club in 2011, retaining the exclusivity of the outstanding Club which provides first class service. Members love the historical setting of Rossdhu House, this 1773 Georgian mansion which is now home to the clubhouse, was once the ancestral home of the Colquhoun Clan. The club also boasts within its grounds 51 individually designed suites in Rossdhu House and the surrounding lodges, and a luxury Spa.
The Financial Controller responsibilities will be as follows;
- To provide support and information to the General Manager and Financial Affairs Committee.
- Liaise with all Directors, department managers on any issues of a financial nature.
- To plan, manage and oversea the activities of the Finance Department.
- To coordinate the compilation of an annual company budget.
- To ensure all departments work towards achieving their relevant budgets.
- To control treasury function and administer company cash flow requirements.
- To ensure all Company Secretarial matters are compiled with.
- To ensure complete and adequate insurance cover for all company assets. Ensure all insurance claims arising are dealt with in a proper and timely manner.
- To compile required paperwork and work towards completion of annual Company Audit and Tax returns.
- To manage train and develop direct reporting staff according to company policies and requirements.
- To ensure adequate reporting systems are in place to provide relevant information to Company Management.
- Work closely with HR on payroll and employment issues.
- To work with corporate lawyers on any required issues affecting the Company.
- To prepare and maintain long term forecasts for the Company
- To submit Monthly Accounts Pack to SMT and Board of Directors.
- To submit Monthly/Quarterly Accounts pack to the Bank.
- To delegate tasks and undertake review to ensure the Monthly Accounts Pack is prepared accurately and completely.
- To work with appropriate teams to ensure Company IT strategy is identified and ensure IT systems support current and future corporate requirements. Work with IT Manager to identify priorities and to plan for the short/midterm future.
- To attend a weekly SMT meeting and periodic board meetings.
- To understand and adhere to the company Health and Safety policy.
- Involvement in assessment and operation of Internal Controls within the Club.
- Any other duties required.
The successful Financial Controller will likely have the following profile;
- Qualified accountant with broad experience to work with all departments.
- Must be committed and willing to react to changing business requirement
- Requires a highly professional demeanour with Members, Guest and staff.
- Requires high level of confidentiality.
- Ability to communicate effectively with all staff and third parties.
- Hotel and Leisure Background preferred but not essential
- Strong understanding of financial processes and systems
- General understanding of corporate legal matters.
Loch Lomond Golf Club are prepared to offer the following package for the successful Financial Controller;
- Highly competitive salary
- 30 days annual leave
- Over 260 on demand perks
- 3400+ discounts on gyms plus access to free Employee Assistance programme, online fitness & yoga tutorials, health cash plan & dental plan
- Staff can play one round of golf per month (April - October) for a cost of £3. You play play twice a month if you give up a round in another month
- Discounted golf tuition
- Discounted spa access & treatment programme
- Staff lunches
- Gratuities (end of year payment)