Financial Controller Trainee/Accounting Coordinator
Add an annual turnover of $24.1billion to a rental and leasing fleet of over 2 million vehicles spread across 10,000 locations worldwide and you get Enterprise Rent-A Car – a business that’s grown into the largest global mobility provider in the world.
We encourage all of our employees to be the best they can be, and diversity is a priority in all areas of our business. We are proud to say we have been in the Times Top 50 Where Women Want to Work for ten consecutive years and have been honoured with many other awards along the way.
Enterprise Rent-A-Car London and the Southeast has an immediate Trainee Accountant/Accounting Coordinator based at our regional Head Office in Staines upon Thames. This is a management accounting role where you are actively involved in providing support through reports, and cost saving initiatives. The ideal candidate will have previous accounting experience or education, excellent computer skills, particularly experience of Microsoft Office, in addition to excellent attention to detail and working to tight deadlines. The successful candidate will be placed onto the Business Management development scheme, intended to give detailed exposure to our financial statement & business practices, in order to develop employees for future leadership roles within the team.
Comprehensive learning opportunities, rapid progression and outstanding earning potential. They're just some of the things we offer ambitious finance graduates on our Financial Controller Management Training Scheme, starting as an Accounting Coordinator.
Who can apply?
The scheme is open to two kinds of people. On the one hand, we're looking for graduates ideally with accounting or finance degrees. But we're also after people who have accounting experience, and would like to expand their existing financial skill-set while enjoying greater opportunities for career development.
The aim of the scheme
The scheme is designed to give you the knowledge, skills and experience you need to become a Financial Controller in charge of your own operation. Our Financial Controllers are key players in the organisation. They oversee all aspects of financial management and provide an important bridge between the marketing and operational aspects of the business.
A true learning experience
You'll start out working as one of our accountants. This role will give you exposure to basic accounting procedures and principles ranging from accounts payable and receivable systems to financial statement preparation and analysis. You'll also work closely with our sales and marketing, procurement and HR teams (among others) on issues such as customer service, growth strategies and profitability.
Promotions and increased responsibilities
As you get to know how our business works, and your ability to make solid business decisions develops, you'll soon find yourself moving up through the organisation. How fast you progress is entirely up to you. With our entrepreneurial philosophy, there's truly nothing holding you back. Here's the career path you'll go through:
- Accountant/Accounting Coordinator
- Senior Accountant
- Accounting Supervisor
- Accounting Manager
- Assistant Controller
- Financial Controller
- Senior Financial Controller
- V.P. Finance
This role comes with study support in CIMA, ACCA, or AAT.
Working within a department of circa 30 employees, and alongside eight other area accountants, the successful candidate will be responsible for the day to day financial operations of a number of our rental branches. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following:
- Approving branch credit and debit card transactions
- Review and approval of journal entries from debtors listings
- Administrative support in terms of billing corrections and adjustments
- Assisting the financial statement preparer in producing monthly management accounts
- Assisting the accounts payable function by taking ownership of a number of suppliers, chasing appropriate authorisation of their invoices, coding them in accordance with our chart of accounts and processing them for payment
- Supplier statement reconciliations
- Prepare financial entries and monthly account schedules
- Monthly preparation of P&L and Balance Sheet schedules
- Preparing and submitting Journal entries
- Monthly branch visits and audits
- Act as a financial consultant to rental managers by providing support, reporting data, coming up with cost-saving initiatives, A/R cleanup procedures and financial statements
- Review timely completion of internal controls and processes on a daily basis
- Review and analyse monthly statements to ensure their integrity and accuracy
- Work with other departments to understand and support our business as a whole
- Various ad-hoc projects
The successful candidate will be able to demonstrate the following skills and attributes:
- Excellent organisational and time-management skills
- An ability to work to strict deadlines
- Detail oriented
- Understanding of the impact that Business Management has on the business as a whole
- Degree in accounting or related discipline, or previous accounting experience
- Proficient at using Microsoft Office including Excel
- Fully committed to pursuing a professional accountancy qualification
- Legally authorised to work in the UK without restriction