Assistant Management Accountant
Benefits you will receive with this role
- Eligible for annual performance bonus
- Option to join the Veolia Pension Scheme
- Access to Veolia’s rewards, benefit & discounts
- 25 days annual leave + statutory bank holidays
- Opportunity to join the Finance Graduate Scheme
Where you’ll work
You will join our North Commercial Region which currently manages 8 Commercial Depots and a number of Commercial Contracts. You’ll produce accurate monthly management accounts for P&Ls within your remit and report detailed results to the Finance Manager.
You will also prepare forecasts and budget in liaison with Business Unit Managers, supporting and advising as required. In addition, you will have Balance Sheet responsibility for monthly reconciliation and raise Capex requests via the online system.
You will also be required to support the Finance Manager and the region's other Management Accountants in their roles.
This role offers an excellent opportunity to join a fast growing organisation of global scale, which is a leader in its field and where there will always be a chance for further advancement
What you’ll do
- Responsible for the financial reporting of your assigned Commercial Waste businesses.
- Ensure accurate reporting of their monthly P&L accounts, with particular focus on the revenue and cost variances, within group deadlines
- Maintain accurate Balance Sheet reconciliations and report all balances correctly via on-line central reporting system.
- Primary finance contact for your Commercial Waste businesses, providing financial and non-financial data and support to the on site manager and their operational team
- Prepare monthly and periodic forecasts plus the annual budget for your assigned Commercial businesses. Work with local and regional management to ensure full and reporting.
- Monitor the businesses' aged debts and other KPIs
- Management the submission and reporting of Capex expenditure
- Complete other tasks as and when required.
The experience you will need
- Part-qualified CIMA / CA / ACCA (or international equivalent).
- Experience of accounting processes such as Month End, Forecasts and Budgets
- Knowledge of Excel and Google Office Suite + experience of financial systems (eg. SAP, SAGE)
- Excellent financial problem solving and analysis skills, together with strong organisation, attention to detail and ability to achieve deadlines
- Strong communicator (verbal & written) and a team player.
Who is Veolia?
We are the UK leader in Environmental Solutions. We offer services and expertise in waste, water and energy management helping to build a more sustainable future. As a global organisation, our work focuses on delivering simple but innovative solutions to preserving natural resources, reducing pollution and protecting our environment.
Veolia is committed to creating a diverse and inclusive environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All applicants meeting the minimum criteria for the role will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, gender or gender expression, disability, race or ethnicity, religion or belief, sexual orientation, or veteran status.