- Level of qualification
Key contributor to the monthly and annual management reporting, forecast & planning processes.
Working with the businesses unit leaders to enable an understanding of local financial performance and developing consistent, concise forecasts and plan.
My client is a global entertainment company that has been designing, developing, manufacturing, and marketing consumer products since the 90's
- Month end journal preparation for general ledger (excluding accounts receivable, accounts payable and inter-company entries) for UK;
- Prepare the monthly management accounts and prepare and review analysis files to ensure the accuracy and integrity of the financial and management reporting;
- Review month end P&L market reporting and sales reports to be supplied to the sales team and management team;
- Hold regular cost centre reviews with the business unit leaders, and work with them to maintain departmental operational costs within budget, especially marketing and sales accruals;
- Assist on the budget/forecast submission and by preparation of the overhead budgets, working with the business unit leaders for UK
- Review the month end reports (G&A overhead focus) and comment on performance against objectives;
- Prepare account reconciliations for the UK entity on a monthly basis, and review with the Finance Manager;
- Preparation of the VAT return for the UK
- Preparation of Statutory Accounts and compliance with local GAP;
Required Skill Set:
- Ability to work independently, being highly self-motivated
- Strong organisational skills
- Advanced Microsoft Excel skills are required;
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment;
- An understanding of technical accounting such as IFRS, GAAP and consolidations in a multi-currency environment as well as experience of financial reporting;
- Experience working with SAP and Business Intelligence to a high level
- Goal oriented to achieve targets through self-motivation, persistence & determination
- Part-qualified / Qualified accountant with minimum 3-5 years of relevant experience preferably in the FMCG industry.
- Fluency in English is a must
Competitive salary and benefits