A hands-on Finance Manager role reporting to the CFO
Your new company
An growing retail / manufacturing company with a turnover or around £million is seeking a hands-on Finance manager. Some of the duties will include:-
- Management of transactional processing team;
- Implement process and procedure improvements including automating manual processes;
- Month end reporting including producing management reports, variance analysis and balance sheet reconciliations;
- Fixed Asset Management;
- Support CFO in quarterly Group reporting;
- Overseeing the preparation and submission of VAT and other statutory returns;
- Management of the European subsidiary finances : monthly royalty invoicing and payments,
- Bank reconciliations, Intercompany reconciliations, Vat returns, Group reporting and statutory compliance.
- Year-end reporting including production of working papers for the external auditors, assisting in the production of Statutory Accounts and Year-end Tax compliance.
- Assume the role of systems expert within the finance team, working with the IT function looking at ways of automating various functions within the team;
Projects supporting CFO:
- Integration of acquisition
- Annual Budgeting
What you'll need to succeed
- Professional finance qualification (CIMA, ACCA or ACA)
- Previous management experience, with good interpersonal skills and can-do attitude
- Strong organisation skills
- Excellent excel skills
- Attention to detail
- Ability to work to tight deadlines and under pressure
- Good systems skills and ability to pick up and improve fast!
- Commercially focused
What you'll get in return
- Competitive salary
- 25 days annual leave
- Auto enrolment pension
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.