Interim Mangement Accountant (FTC 12 months)
Working for a leading manufacturer and distributor of media technology, part of a larger production group. 12 month contract working as a management account providing financial and commercial support to the Finance Director.
What the role involves:
- Process month end journals (accruals, prepayments, deferred and accrued revenue, payroll journals) and providing feedback to finance director and business managers on the financial performance of the business/(s).
- Prepare monthly management accounts and reconciliations.
- Provide & improve monthly performance reporting to European Services FD
- Analyse freelance staff costs – categorise salaries/overtime rates and summarise historical data
- Work with Finance Director on cost reduction and profit improvement projects
- Assist with preparation of statutory accounts
- Recommend actions by analysing and interpreting data and making comparative analyses
- Assisting with budgeting and quarterly group forecasting.
- Reconcile and control petty cash every month
- Assist auditors during external & internal auditing
- Responsible for processing freelancer payroll
- Maintaining cash book and performing bank reconciliations on weekly basis
- Initiate payment runs to suppliers including occasional foreign currency payment
- Process expenses and freelancers on a weekly basis
- Process purchase and sales invoices
- Ownership of Fixed Asset Register
- Monthly credit card reconciliation
- Other regular duties: Take credit card payments/Submitting monthly VAT report/Credit control and appropriate bad debt management/deal with banking enquires/Oversee office supplies
The right candidate will
- Have knowledge of accounting and bookkeeping
- Can provide accurate financial reports on monthly
- Have the ability to work as part of a team and have good
- Be proactive and able to take initiative
- Have good MS Office (excel) skills
- Be able to work to tight deadlines
- Have good attention to detail
- Have commitment to role including month end duties
- Desirably have good working knowledge of ERP systems
ideally IFS and R2 and be Part qualified or AAT in a recognised
We regret that due to the high volume of applications we receive, if you have not heard from us within 10 days, your application has not been successful on this occasion. However, please do continue to apply for jobs advertised by Walker Dendle.
Walker Dendle Limited acts as an employment business for temporary positions and an employment agency for permanent positions. Walker Dendle is committed to equal opportunity and diversity. Suitable candidates with equivalent qualifications and more or less experience can apply. By applying to this position, you acknowledge that you have read and accept the terms available on our website.