2 days left
- Level of qualification
My client is looking to bring their finance function in-house and they therefore need a strong, process driven Financial Controller to work closely with their new CFO to make this happen. This individual will take responsibility for all accounting and reporting responsibilities, creating systems, processes and controls which enable and manage business performance.
My client is a highly successful, fast growing e-commerce print on demand enterprise with truly global reach. Their turnover has grown from 1 million four years ago to a predicted 40 million in 2019/20. Their mission is to help entrepreneurs and influencers to sell customised merchandise online, enabling them to build scalable businesses themselves. They assist them in launching campaigns, printing & delivering quality products, and handling all customer queries on their behalf through their world class customer service team.
- Overhauling the financial reporting function for the business, in-sourcing accounts and creating a first-class finance function and team.
- Establishing essential processes, systems and controls. This includes but is not limited to:
- Overseeing the production of monthly management accounts and verifying their accuracy and providing commentary to the board on performance
- Implementation of a cash flow forecasting process that takes into account complex multicurrency transactions across multiple countries
- Implementing processes to ensure accurate VAT returns and balance Sheet Reconciliations are completed
- Management of multi-currency treasury function
- Overseeing all year end accounting and auditing processes
- Hiring and managing team members
- A qualified accountant (ACA, ACCA or equivalent)
- A thorough understanding of financial accounting process and procedures including VAT Experience in managing finance internationally. Exposure to multicurrency environments essential
- 5 + years' experience in finance with a minimum of 2 years in industry preferably in a hi-growth business environment
- Experience of managing change projects in the finance function
- An understanding of what good looks like in finance in an SME.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Self-motivated, with a pro-active approach and an ability to deliver to deadlines
- Confident, assertive and reliable - gets the job done with a 'right first time' mentality
- A keen eye for detail
- Excellent analytical skills and a commercia approach
- Previous experience within a technology/ecommerce business is highly desirable
A highly competitive package is on offer.