Accounts Payable Clerk
Large organisation based in Chichester with multiple offices in the UK, currently looking for an experienced AP Clerk.
Our client is a large outsourcing business in West Sussex.
- To receive scanned images of vendor invoices
- To assist vendors in ensuring the correct data is held in the vendor invoice to ensure vendor invoice follows the correct approval route
- To ensure the efficient and timely processing of vendor invoices
- 3 way purchase order matching
- Direct Invoice approval via coding groups
- Deal with queries arising from either vendors or retained Council staff in a prompt and informative manner.
- Assist with automated BACS payments
- Manage & reconcile manual payment process, returned funds & stripped payments
- Manage suppliers put on hold
- Ensure statement reconciliations are carried out to agreed time frames & liaising with vendors for missing invoices
- Communicates with and develops good working relationships with relevant managers, vendors & internal colleagues.
- Ensuring agreed KPI's are met
- Assisting the Accounts Payable Manager & team Leaders to develop Best practices and team development
- System testing & project work as & when required
- Extensive previous experience of an Accounts Payable function
- GCSEs or equivalent qualification or experience demonstrating that level of applied knowledge.
- Previous experience of handling high volume processing
- Treasury experience (BACS payments)
- Strong analytical skills with an attention to detail.
- Good communication skills both written & verbal
- Team member with the ability to work on own initiative
Up to £22,000 + additional benefits