Trainee Accounts Assistant
A large business in Hatfield are currently seeking a Trainee Accounts Assistant to join them on a permanent basis and start their career in accountancy. Varied full time role paying a salary of £22,000 with benefits.
Role will be supporting Accountants with general administration and helping with VAT, Tax returns, Year End work and much more.
My client are a large business based in Hatfield. They have many clients and are constantly growing their portfolio and there seeking a trainee Accounts Assistant to join them. You will work alongside a team of Accountants and assist them, full training will be provided to the right person.
As a trainee accounts assistant your duties will include:
- Reporting into a hands on Accounts Team Leader
- Collating year end accounts information for accounts production
- Organising reminders for tax payment deadlines
- Sending draft accounts to clients for approval
- Submission of accounts to HMRC and Companies House
- Assisting with preparation of VAT returns
- Dealing with incoming post, and contacting HMRC on behalf of clients
- Other ad-hoc administration task as required
- Living local to Hatfield
- Happy working in a team environment
- Graduate or AAT studier
- Good understanding of Excel
- Ideally someone who has experience in accounting or is keen to go into that field
- Great communication and interpersonal skills
Whats on offer?
- An entry level role in a fast paced practice environment
- Starting salary of £20,000 - £25,000
- Good benefits and career progression