Accounts Payable Administrator
An exciting opportunity has arisen to join a leading, FTSE 250 investment platform as an Accounts Payable Administrator. This role sits within the coporate accountancy team. The role offers the opportunity to work within a renowned company with a great culture.
A FTSE 250 financial services firm - a leading independent investment platform. This role sits in their ideally located City of London/Central London office.
Duties of the Accounts Payable Administrator:
- processing a high volume of invoices using the accounting system Navision, Excel, and processing payments on Bankline;
- dealing with staff expenses and company credit cards;
- raising and processing payment requests via cheque, chaps and bacs;
- double entry bookkeeping of invoices in the accounting system, including on the prepayments basis where relevant;
- scanning and filing invoices;
- liaising with vendors on a daily basis regarding payments;
- assisting accountants with the variance analysis of costs;
- providing Heads of Department with departmental cost reports and invoice copies;
- Keeping track of aged creditors and stale cheques;
- Petty cash and inter-company reconciliations.
- Quarterly profit verification and annual audits:
- liaising with third parties such as auditors when required;
- Preparing information for the purposes of auditor review.
- Ad hoc tasks to assist the Corporate Accounting team including:
- providing general support in a busy finance department;
- Supporting daily bank reconciliations for 25 corporate bank accounts.
- Learning and assisting with staff payroll and client pension payroll and queries.
Experience required of the Accounts Payable Administrator:
- Understanding and practical experience of the above duties
- Accounts payable and double entry bookkeeping experience, preferable circa 2-4 years+
- AAT qualified or Part-Qualified. Candidates studying towards ACCA/CIMA are not a preference
- Good MS Excel skills
- Educated to A-level or equivalent
- Good understanding of double entry bookkeeping
- Experience working in Financial Services would be beneficial but not essential
- Reconciliations experience
Looking to pay up to £30,000 with a comprehensive benefits package which includes a very good (discretionary) bonus.