Accounts Assistant (12 month maternity cover)
Part of a small finance team that is responsible for the general ledger, monthly reports and trade finance transactions.
Specialist lending company working with clients in South Africa, Europe, the USA and Australia.
Working as part of a small finance team, your duties will include:
- Downloading daily account balances from online banking system
- Match receipts from debtors against the invoice and update the ledger
- Pay invoices using online banking
- Ad hoc finance activities
- Assisting with weekly general ledger maintenance
- Invoicing clients and sending required supporting documentation
- AML transaction checks
- Producing debtor reports
- Collecting sundry fees
- Send bank statements to clients
- Reconciliation of nominal ledger accounts
- Making payments
- Bank reconciliations in multi currencies
Great team player with exceptional organisational ability.
Previous background in a similar accounts assistant role with good transnational finance ability (reconciliations, payments, debits, credits etc).
Excellent communication skills
Able to commit to a 12 month fixed term contract with a possibility to extend further.
Ideally able to start the position before the end of July.
Competitive salary and benefits package.