My client is seeking to interim accountants to join the team asap. This role requires a strong hands on accountant who is available at short notice.
Market leading organisation
- Integrity and assurance of the financial ledgers (sales accruals, operating costs and balance sheet)
- Planning for financial reporting processes, this includes monthly reporting, formal forecasts, medium-term plan and investment survey. For these processes, lead the consolidation of the asset teams' results to present the total view.
- Delivery of monthly and quarterly reporting, formal forecasts, medium-term plans and investment surveys. Accountable for their submission into the financial systems of our shareholders
- Assisting the change in the financial systems used including the establishment of new companies within the reporting systems
- The provision of external audit requirements to quality and time and identification and delivery of improvements in this process.
- Ensuring accounting policies are successfully implemented and operating effectively
- Production of the accounts under UK GAAP to ensure a smooth audit process and timely completion.
- Accounting qualification (ACA/ CIMA/ ACCA). Several years' experience working in industry.
- Knowledge of both UK GAAP and IFRS, experience of preparing statutory accounts (if applicable) and the confidence to apply them to practical examples is essential
- Knowledge of accounting policies, processes and systems.
- Strong numerical and analytical skills
- Able to challenge the way things are done and look at ways to make improvements to the business
- Proficient IT skills (Spreadsheets, database, Visual basic)
- Knowledge of internal systems (SAP etc)
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal
- Ability to prioritise conflicting activities and be proactive
- Act with complete integrity and confidentiality
- Committed to continuous improvement and development of skills and knowledge
My client is looking to bring the individual on for a 6 - 9 month contract. Flexible working is potentially available.