As an Assistant Accountant, your role will be to maintain the financial ledgers, completing the day-to-day bookkeeping activities to ensure the month-end processes can be completed in a timely fashion, ensuring payment runs for suppliers are completed.
My client is a well established organisation based between Bournemouth and Poole. You will be joining as an Assistant Accountant, part of a wider Finance team, however you should be used to working by yourself at times.
As an Assistant Accountant, your key responsibilities will include:
- Maintain supplier accounts
- Supplier payment runs and weekly banking of cheques (remittances)
- Posting of invoices into Sage, matching and ensuring PODs, credit notes
- Setting up new suppliers and account codes on Sage
- Issuing statement of accounts to suppliers as required
- Working closely with the Debt team to ensure timely payment
- Inter-company invoices
- Manage Barclaycard expenses & BP fuel cards
- Preparing sub-contractor CIS returns
- VAT returns
- Bank reconciliations
- Running month-end process (Journal, TB, P&L & Balance sheet production, balance sheet recs)
To be successful in your application you should be:
- AAT qualified, or suitable qualified by experience.
- Very competent with Sage Line 50.
- Available on a four week notice or shorter.
If you are successful in your application you should expect:
- Salary between £22k and £25k.
- Competitive Benefits