Head of Commercial Support
This role will help to deliver on all aspects of financial control and support to the Journals business.
Your new company
My client is a world leading publisher who is growing and is going from strength to strength. This Division's turnover is £140 Million per annum and the entire company's is well over £billion per annum. Working closely with the MD Journals, you will help to deliver on all aspects of financial control and support to the Journals business.
Your new role
1. Review and report on monthly finance statements to identify anomalies and variances in order to suggest and deliver remedial action as required.
2. Utilise and suggest KPIs to accurately inform the business about current and future risks and opportunities
3. Utilise business knowledge to support the Finance Director in delivery planning cycle outputs (5 year plans and annual budgeting) which support my client's mission and the divisional strategies.
4. Support and manage team in delivering divisional results, contractual requirements and in developing their careers
5. Prepare, review and lead on the financial aspects of securing new acquisitions and renewing existing contracts - ensure the business retains a view of overall portfolio against strategic priorities
6. Deliver all financial requirements of contracts - including annual and interim accounts, budgets and ad hoc analysis.
7. Support the maintenance of an effective control environment in accordance with the Internal Control Framework
8. Support strategic decision making through insightful analysis and commentary.
9. Actively participate and drive agenda for the Journals Leadership team
10. Work closely with Journals operational leads across the Journals division to ensure effective and efficient delivery of goals
What you'll need to succeed
- Be a Qualified Accountant (ACA, ACCA or CIMA)
- Have a high level of commercial awareness
- Experience in delivering strategy
- Show initiative and the ability to successfully implement new ideas
- Have systems experience of MS Office applications (including advanced Excel) and preferably SAP and BW (Business Warehouse)
- Be a logical problem solver with strong numeric and analytical skills
- Be discrete and trustworthy
- Be a confident and persuasive communicator
- Be a good team player
- Be self-disciplined and well organised - able to manage competing deadlines
- Have experience of managing a team
What you'll get in return
- An attractive salary package
- Management bonus
- Private health insurance
- Generous pension scheme; employer contribution is 11%
- Flexible working patterns
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.