- A brand new role in a newly created team. Intentions for the team are to increase business partnering & interaction with non finance stakeholders
- Significant growth & development opportunities available
My client is a multinational group in the pharmaceutical / science industry. They operate globally and have revenues of over £3b annually. This position sits in the UK head office. They are a great employer, with a high rate of staff retention and development.
- Management accounts production including production and posting of journals
- Overall responsibility of the revenue posting and explanation of performance to Business Unit owners
- Month end procedures, including provision of a full suite of balance sheet reconciliations and accruals
- Support Business Unit Managers in the financial control of their areas, reviewing and explaining analysis of costs and proposing improvements.
- Coordinate and prepare the reporting
- Work with the Finance Manager on controlling and reporting on the cashflow.
- Assist in the development of product-level cost and profitability analysis
- Assist in the development of financial controls
- Work with the Finance Manager and head of finance to develop regular KPI and profit reporting and analysis for use by key stakeholders across the business
- Budgeting. Assist in the production of the annual/quarterly budget and the calculation of cost rates
- Assist in the preparation of the monthly Board pack
- Assist the Financial Manager with ad hoc duties and projects
Required Knowledge, Experience and Technical Skills
- Qualified accountant (ACA, ACCA, CIMA)
- Commercially aware
- Highly numerate and analytical with excellent attention to detail
- Advanced excel skills including pivot tables, VLook up etc
- Used to dealing with and interpreting large volumes of data
- Ability to liaise with people at all levels across the organisation
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work in a dynamic and fast moving environment
Preferred Knowledge, Experience and Technical Skills
- Prior experience of supporting sales/revenue teams
- Experience of change management
- Systems and process implementation
- Team player with a proactive and flexible attitude
- Experienced at self-managing and self-motivating
I have a competitive salary and package on offer for this Management Accountant role.