The role is primarily focused on supervising trade and cash processing, maintaining strict controls and investigating differences, revaluing financial instruments, and reconciling P&L to the trading system. You will become familiar with exchange traded FCM statements and OTC products; both spot trades and a range of derivatives including futures, forwards, options, swaps and swaptions, all traded in major currencies
A successful trading and investments group based in London. This is a commodity trading businesses dealing in oil, carbon, power and gas. Based in Hammersmith, West London.
Reporting to the Financial Controller and working as a team of 5, you will also be exposed to a wide variety of tasks covering:
- Financial Statements
- Management accounts
- P&Ls of daily trading activity
- VAT and corporation tax plus regulatory filings
The role is relatively fluid, allowing you to make your mark in an ever-changing business environment.
This is an excellent opportunity for someone looking for a career in financial services.
- use Excel regularly to an advanced level, understanding complex formulae;
- have a keen interest in financial instruments;
- have an eye for detail and a hands-on approach;
- be a team player with a flexible mind-set;
- have a strong and demonstrable interest in IT and automation;
- near qualified holder of a recognised accountancy qualification or equivalent
- We are also interested in someone who might have any of these other useful attributes to offer (although not required these are desirable):
- knowledge of financial products;
- knowledge of the energy sector
- experience in working with accounting standards and producing financial statements
Competitive salary and generous bonus and remuneration package.