Finance Manager/Management Accountant
Finance Manager/Management Accountant - Sheffield - £32k-£45k
Your new company
A well established and successful business based in Sheffield looking to add an experienced Finance Manager/Management Accountant to their already well established team reporting to the Finance Director.
Your new role
You will be working closely with the Finance Director to ensure that the month end reporting process is timely and correct. You will also be working closely with stakeholders to ensure that budgets and forecasting are done in a way that supports departments and the business overall.
Key Responsibilities of the role:
- Preparation of accurate period accounts and other management information as necessary for review with various departments
- Review, investigate and resolve anomalies/variances
- Produce accurate and timely management accounts to agreed timescales
- Produce and analyse KPIs to improve business performance
- Maintain the integrity of the accounting systems and ensure appropriate controls are in place and key reconciliations are carried out, making improvements where necessary
- Supervise a small team
- Prepare and submit quarterly VAT returns
- Ongoing review of cashflow and production of forecasts
- Assist with the preparation of annual budgets
- Assist in year end process including liaison with auditors
What you'll need to succeed
You will need to qualified by experience coupled with 3-5 years' experience in a similar role. Excellent attention to detail and the ability to demonstrate good judgement skills showing sound and logical decision making, and a hands-on approach. You will have a track record in accounts, and be an excellent communicator both written and verbally. You will have a positive can do attitude.
What you'll get in return
My client is offering a fantastic opportunity for a well experienced finance professional with a highly competitive salary of up to £45,000 and package dependant on experience and skillset.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.