Graduate Finance Analyst
What we’re looking for…
We have a fantastic opportunity for an ambitious Finance Graduate, or equivalent to join our team based at our Head Office in Cumbernauld.
This is a brand new programme that we have developed, providing structured and well invested experience in four different disciplines within Finance, over the course of four years. The structure of the programme is as follows:
Year 1 - Shared Services Centre
This year focuses on transactional and process areas of Finance, offering exposure to areas such as Treasury, Tax, Accounts Receivable, Accounts Payable and Master Data
Year 2 - Commercial Finance
Your second year will give you experience with Customer and Brand Profitability Analysis, Marketing Investment Support and International Profitability Analysis.
Year 3 - Group Finance
Third year will involve working with Auditors and the Group finance team, giving you experience in International Accounting Standards, Annual Reporting and Accounts, HMRC Interactions and Asset Registers.
Year 4 - Supply Chain Finance
Your final year will see you involved with Manufacturing, Inventories, Logistics and Capital Investments.
We will fund your CIMA graduate programme alongside this graduate programme and you will be allocated a dedicated mentor from the outset to provide guidance and support, whilst also having a network of fellow CIMA Graduates within the Finance function.
Key Responsibilities include:
- Supporting the four areas of Finance with financial analysis, high-quality month end reporting, supporting information for wider business meetings and other ad hoc reporting and analysis
- Taking responsibility for a portfolio of reporting and process requirements on a monthly basis
- Develop a strong understanding of the key systems used across the business
- Work closely with the Finance team and business partners supporting their requirements for financial support and analysis
- Undertake ad hoc project assignments or investigations when required
- Commitment to completing your CIMA qualification
We Are Barr - Are You?
We are about being brilliant. We are always learning. We are results driven and we build relationships that deliver. To be successful in this role, you will have sound analytical judgement and strong interpersonal skills and above all, be ambitious with an appetite to learn!
A minimum qualification of 2:1 in a Finance degree or AAT Certificate Level 4 is an entry level requirement for this role.
What we offer…
- Competitive salary - As part of the Graduate Programme, your salary will be reviewed every 6 months
- 33 Days holiday (inc Bank Holidays)
- Flexible holiday scheme
- Company contributory pension scheme
- Life assurance
- Discounts and cashback for selected stores and restaurants
- Healthcare cash plan
- Flexible Benefits
- Share schemes for eligible employees
Closing date for applications is Friday 21st June 2019