Group Financial Controller
Specialist manufacturing group based near Borehamwood in Hertfordshire require an experienced Financial Controller with previous manufacturing industry experience . Working closely with the CFO and supervising a small team you will be expected to: implement and maintain the appropriate system of financial controls for the group and to ensure the smooth running of the Finance department and timely production of financial information.: To continually develop and improve the finance function, systems and procedures to support the business as efficiently and effectively as possible: to ensure that the finance function meets the needs of the business and responds to any questions or requests for information or analysis from colleagues.
- Motivate and lead finance team members by coaching and providing helpful feedback
- Control of the sales ledger, purchase ledger, general ledger, stock, bank and cash and payroll for UK business.
- Work with colleagues in USA, China and India to ensure appropriate controls are in place to ensure that there is full visibility and that all costs are authorised.
- Ensure all expenditure is approved in accordance with approved authority limits.
- Ensure all sales invoicing is to terms, including payments on account and that any deposits payments are treated as deferred consideration. Mange all requirements for export invoicing (Letter of Credit, carnets, and any specific terms).
- Ensure that service contracts are correctly accounted for and that income is recognised over the term of the contract.
- Manage all customer and supplier account queries.
- Ensure all commissions and bonuses are appropriately accrued
- Ensure all intercompany items are correctly accounted for and that all accounts reconcile each month.
- Responsible for cash collections, managing overdue debtors and liaison with sales team for further follow up if required
- Cashflow forecasting and control of bank mandates
- Monitor FX exposures and maintain and monitor rolling forward contracts to remove FX risk from the gross margin
- Work with operational colleagues to ensure stock is accurate and that an appropriate NRV / slow moving provision is maintained.
- Suggest updates and improvements for accounting systems and continually look for improvements in processes and procedures and use of time saving technology wherever possible
- Responsible for the full month end closing process including complete preparation of monthly consolidated financial statements - full P&L, balance sheet and cashflow for the four group companies (two trading two holding companies).
- Development and preparation monthly management information pack for the senior team, including information required for monthly board reporting, working with CFO
- Preparation of trading accounts for the geographic territories by making use of the general ledger coding structure.
- Preparation of monthly cost centre reports Vs Budget and liaison with internal departments on cost control and reporting issues
- Weekly KPI preparation
- Sales and cost of sales analyses and ad hoc reporting
- Preparation of budgets and forecasts for the whole business
Regulatory and statutory:
- Liaison with auditors, tax advisers, bank, payroll provider, HMRC and VAT Office
- Preparation of monthly payroll submissions, and end of year payroll returns
- Overseeing the completion of the companies' VAT Returns, Intrastats and EC Sales lists and reviewing
Systems and other:
- Be the finance champion for the forthcoming SAP Business One implementation
- Assist the CFO in presenting reports to the senior team, shareholders, and board members
- Deputise for CFO and stand in for in management meetings if necessary
- Other duties and tasks as required
Minimum Education/ Experience Requirements:
- Ideally degree qualified
- Professional accounting qualification required; ACA, ACCA or similar
- Background in a manufacturing environment or a business with stock and stock systems.
- Must have worked in business making use of an integrated business system.
- Experience of SAP Business One desirable but not essential, but must have worked with similar business systems.
- Experience working in a business with international export sales to Asia advantageous
- Experience of a new system implementation preferable
- Strong commitment to customer service and satisfaction.
- Ability to effectively work on and manage many priorities at one time.
- Advanced excel skills essential
Preferable Skills and Attributes:
- A positive attitude is a must.
- Helpful manner essential; finance is a support service to the business
- Be happy to roll sleeves up and get into the detail, but not lose sight of the bigger picture.
Required Training: Physical Demands:
- The ability to travel regularly up to 10% of the time. Potentially to visit US subsidiary or China representative office.