Senior Officer - Financial Assessment
This is an exciting time to join a new and growing organisation and to work on a high profile area of technical analysis. To work with us, you don`t need to be an expert in higher education, but you will need a passion for making a difference for all students.
We`re currently recruiting to our professional financial assessment (FA) team within the Competition and Registration (CAR) Directorate which will deliver a technical analysis of financial information to support the work of CAR in registering and monitoring the financial viability and sustainability of higher education providers.
The team has operational responsibility for delivering high quality, consistent, and reliable advice about financial viability and sustainability and for delivering the OfS`s statutory duties to monitor and report on the financial health of providers at both the individual and the sector level. We do this on the basis of the provisions of HERA and the OfS`s regulatory framework.
- Deliver high-quality assessments
- Contribute to the review and improvement of the processes
- Part of a specialist team of accountants
- Provide advice and technical assessment to CAR colleagues and OfS
Qualifications & Skills
- Expertise and experience in the analysis and assessment of historic and forecast financial information
- A qualified accountant / working towards a qualification
- Able to reach reliable judgements on the basis of complex evidence
- Able to communicate, both orally and in writing, complex technical matters in language that is easily understood by non-accountants
- Comfortable working flexibly with a team on matters which may be complex or sensitive.
- Work as part of a team to deliver your work to a high standard by the required deadlines
As well as an exciting opportunity to be part of a new regulator, we provide our staff with
- Comprehensive staff development programme
- 25 days` annual leave
- Opportunity to join the Civil Service Pension scheme
- Potential for support towards a professional accountancy qualification
- One permanent post - part-qualified (fully supported study contract available) or qualified accountant (newly qualified or experienced)
- One fixed-term post for six months with possible extension to a rolling monthly contract at the end of the fixed term - qualified accountant (newly qualified or experienced)